Yesterday our Knittaz With Attitude met to discuss and plan projects for later in the year.
Geared up from the amazing response to We’re Sew Done, we talked about how the Conservative Party conference is heading to Blackpool in March 2022 and decided that we should take this opportunity to send a message that highlights how the decisions of the current government have affected Blackpool people.
We decided that we would like to create a quilt to be displayed during the Conservative Party conference at the Winter Gardens on 18-19 March 2022.
We’re asking you to create a textile square that illustrates the ways that we’ve all been affected by the actions and inaction of the current government.
The idea is to make a quilt which encapsulates all of our feelings and issues relating to the current government.Squares can contain text, patterns or images. The content is up to you, however we will start a thread (in the Facebook and Whatsapp groups) where you can list your general messages so that we have an idea of what everyone is doing.
- Total size 200cm x 200cm
- 3 rows of squares measuring 40cm x 40cm
- 4 rows of squares measuring 20cm x 20cm
- There will be 55 squares in total
We will be able to provide fabric and haberdashery. Feel free to use your own if you prefer.
- Blu and Catherine will start divvying up materials at Charabanc very soon.
- We will create a quick form so that you can request your preferred square size(s)
Want to take part?
We’ve had to close the sign-up survey now as we’re getting very close to our deadline. Please keep an eye on our website/socials for future call outs. <3
- Quilt specific craftivism – the #UDHR Quilt Project
- Quilts as Tools for Resistance
- Living Wage craftivism, handkerchief kits
- ‘Grown men come in here crying’: how Tory cuts have hit Blackpool hard.
- Blackpool JSNA: An overview of the population characteristics of Blackpool residents.